Wednesday, August 4, 2010

UPDATE Trade: ARMH long via Calls - Loser

UPDATE: 3-AUG-10 thanks to a gap down yesterday, ARMH triggered my sell order. I got lucky with an intraday rebound that hit my target exit price. I got filled at 2.70, 2.75, and 2.80 depending on the account.
Loss ranged from $177, $378, $440 depending on the account. Stops are stops. Luckily this gap got semi-filled and allowed my order to fill..otherwise the losses would have been bigger.

Nonetheless, the only warning sign this gave was a %R violation...but that violation occured outside the Accel bands, since I need 2 signals to fire, I didn't panic over that. Also yesterday's gap was based on a Market Perform initiation by William Blair. 13 day EMA was held at the end of the day.

Charts:

Daily:


4hr:




28-JUL-10: So a nice leader of the IBD 100 retested outside the bands yesterday and I decided that it was worthy going long ARMH.

Went with Oct $12.50 calls at a cost of $3.29 (yeah I somehow got filled at that price with a limit of $3.30)...all my options trades of late have been as close to 90 delta as possible so that my ATR position sizing formula works to some extent even with options...so I dont get stopped out prior to the actual stop on the stock like UL...(PS I re-entered UL in the taxable account today since it retested...the retest was inside the bands but it demonstrated support at the 13 EMA)

In any case charts follow.

Daily



4hr

No comments:

Post a Comment