Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trade: EBAY and CFL Long...Winners!

UPDATE:
18-AUG-10
Got the following exit orders today:
Lock Down These Profits Today...

Place a Day Limit order To Sell (To Close)
all of existing position in eBay Inc. (EBAY)
August 20 Call (EBAY 100821C20) at 2.80 or better.

Place a Day Limit order To Sell (To Close)
all of existing position in Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF)
August 55 Call (CLF 100821C55) at 9.00 or better.

And so I did...this time...I got worse fills than suggested (though I tried for their recommendations...the market was working against me a bit).

CLF...filled at $8.90 per contract...this was a total of $680 profit

EBAY...filled at $2.79 per contract...total profit $235

I wont post charts because these options are expiring Friday...so it makes sense to take the money off the table now.

So far I paid $14 to make $915...this is probably the best "trade" I have made all my life. I may have to subscribe to this service.

Here's looking forward to the next trades!

17-AUG-10
I learned that the CLF trade was based on the 15 minute chart and that the signal was triggerd on CCI, %R and "the bands".

The chart follows...I don't see the band signal...but the others are all flashing...also it is important to note that the daily chart had demonstrated a %R retest on CLF...so that was also working for it.

The Option chosen also had a great chart.

CLF 15 min Chart:

CLF $55 Aug Call chart:


16-AUG-10:
Signed up for a 2 week special of Bob Lang's Extreme Options last week when they offered the service for $14 for the next 2 weeks.

Today's trades came in at 11 AM as follows:
Place a Day Limit order To Buy (To Open)
a HALF position in eBay Inc. (EBAY)
August 20 Call (EBAY 100821C20) at 2.37 or better.

Place a Day Limit order To Buy (To Open)
a HALF position in Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF)
August 55 Call (CLF 100821C55) at 5.50 or better.

And so I did.

I got filled at better prices.

The EBAY calls I got filled at $2.32 each (5 contracts total), the CLF calls I got filled at for $5.10 each (2 contracts total).

My small understanding of the trades are that these are based on hourly chart signals...my hourly chart settings must be different because I remember seeing the CLF trade as simply not there...ironically this is what did best today.

Anyway I will investigate the settings they use to see if I can make heads of this.

But I will attach their charts that they send in the nightly (or seminightly) update:



Now my charts:
EBAY

CLF

No comments:

Post a Comment